Thursday, July 1, 2010

Porteau Cove – 24/05/2010

The doubles stayed home today, and I was out on my single cylinder setup.

Greg came out along with Jason, me, and David Ryan. I dove with Greg on our first dive, which was the Nakaya. It had been a while since I'd been out to the Nakaya, and it was a good dive. Greg and I practiced ascent and descent drills at the beginning and end of this dive.

The second dive was to explore using the firehose that was laid on the bottom to guide us out to the dive site. The trip out was ok at first. We found the firehose alright, but I ended up bringing us out into the middle of a sandy wasteland due to a compass mistake. We did get back on track, but it was frustrating for me. Visibility was pretty bad too.

On the whole, I didn't have the best dives this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment