Thursday, July 1, 2010

Whytecliff – 05/06/2010

This was a skills dive with David Ryan.

Our goal was to prepare for taking the Technical diving pass upgrade that is part of the GUE training. So, it was to be skills and drills for both dives, in doubles, and aiming for the stricter guidelines on trim, buoyancy and propulsion.

I learned that too many skills in one day doesn't help. Especially on valve drills. We did 3 sets of valve drills on both dives. On the second dive, my arms were so tired I couldn't complete the drills. The muscles you use to turn your valves aren't used very often. Two sets of valve drills maximum I think gives the most benefit.

Anyway, I was pretty disappointed in my performance. If I recall, we did a descent drill, valve drill, S-drill, propulsion drills, SMB deployment and an ascent drill.

After today, I did not feel confident in my skills with my doubles yet to go for the tech pass upgrade. I figure I'll have a lot more diving needed before I start into technical!

No comments:

Post a Comment