Monday, January 24, 2011

Porteau Cove Scooter Dive 22/01/2011

Vince bought a scooter, so we decided to go out to Porteau Cove for some test runs. We met Alan Wong and Jim Sergent there. Jim had bought the same model scooter that Vince had. It took a bit of time for Vince to get weighting sorted out, so Jim and Alan started the dive before us. Our original plan had us all going as a group.

While I was waiting in the water, Vince left his scooter with me at one point. I couldn't resist the urge to do a short video with two scooters in hand!



I didn't try it though. Far too unwieldy. We did a bit of practice circling around on the surface.



The dive itself was good. We scootered all of Porteau, as well as out to the Nakaya and back. At the Nakaya, we stowed the scooters and swam for towing practice.









There was a very well camouflaged buffalo sculpin on the Grant Hall as well.





I guess this blog entry was all video! I am going to leave it at that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment