Friday, July 1, 2016

Kelvin Grove 25/06/2016

I hadn't been to Kelvin Grove in a while, and it was the perfect day for it. Some changes had been made there. Most notably the end of the cul-de-sac had been cleared and a new house was being built. It would have an amazing view. A better change was more parking! There were at least 10 spots now instead of the old 5. Very nice! Here was, the video compilation and pictures follow. Heather and I saw a lot on this dive.


Quite a few fried egg jelly fish.


Here was Heather posing with one.


Large clown nudibranchs laying eggs.


It looked like this sea cucumber was trying to eat one of the clown nudibranchs too.


A beaded anemone.


A whole mess of giant nudibranchs.



We also found a type of sea cucumber that we'd not seen (or noticed!) before. The peppered sea cucumber.


At the end of the dive, Heather found an impressive lewis moonsnail. Fantastic purple colour!


I was trying out a different drysuit to see how crushed neoprene and a neoprene neck seal would feel for me. It definitely was warm and flexible. I could see why people who do underwater work liked them, they certainly felt durable and substantial. The neck seal was a bit loose on me, so I ended up with quite a lot of water in the suit, but it wasn't cold. So all in all, a good experience trying something new. I firmly believed the more you know and tried, the better informed and knowledgeable you would be. Happy diver!


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anton! Interesting blog. I'm a diver myself and I'll be in BC in the third week of July. Can't find your email to get in touch.
    Alex

    ReplyDelete